Learning how to respond in an emergency can save a life. We believe passionately that every family should receive, at minimum, basic training in infant/child CPR and choking technique. We also believe that it should be affordable, and offer flexible scheduling options!
In this course you will learn a variety of skills, receive hands on practice and be given basic knowledge to recognize and manage the following first aid and / or CPR emergencies:
- Breathing unconscious infant and child
- Non-breathing unconscious infant and child
- Conscious choking infant and child
- Unconscious obstructed airway (blocked / choking) infant and child
We want you to leave this course feeling empowered and prepared as parents/care givers, so we also discuss:
- safe sleeping best practices, as recommended by Health Canada
- car seat safety
- injury prevention
- a review of critical and emergent resources within your community
All courses are taught by Certified Instructors and include the most recent techniques available. This course include a mix of lecture and skills practice. Babes in arms are welcome to attend. This course is delivered in a non-accredited format. The decision to educate parents in this way has been made to ensure maximum flexibility with content and minimum course duration and cost. If you are interested in an accredited/certified class we do offer those, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide further details.
We happily provide full refunds on purchased tickets provided that a minimum 14 days notice, in writing, is given prior to the course date. If less than 14 days notice is given, we will happily transfer your registration to upcoming course.
B&B Boutique Course
This course includes :
- 80 minutes of hands on practical experience with infant mannequins
- Skills taught are appropriate to be used on infants (0-2yrs) and children (2yrs-8yrs)
- Course is appropriate for expectant parents, new parents, grandparents, caregivers ... really anyone that has a little one in their care!
- Infant & child CPR
- Infant & child choking technique
- Parental checklist
- Emergency contact package
- Exclusive in store shopping event
- $50 Gift Certificate to hosting venue
- $50 Gift Card to Picaboo Photobooks
- $50 Gift Certificate to local newborn/family photographer (Calgary/Okotoks only)
- 20% off a private in-home carseat installation/inspection (Calgary/Okotoks only)