All expectant and new parents with infants 3 months of age or younger in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan & British Columbia, are eligible to receive a free Baby Box!
The Baby Box Co. brings a beloved 75-year-old Baby Box tradition from Finland to expectant parents around the world. Expanding this lifesaving tradition to the benefit of families everywhere is their company's mission and, therefore, their commitment to safety is absolute. The Baby Box Co. Baby Boxes meet or exceed all applicable tenets of the CPSC, Health Canada and EN standards, and they have passed rigorous inspection; all materials from the ink on the exterior of the boxes to the glue used in their production are non-toxic and environmentally safe.
All Baby Boxes include a firm mattress, waterproof cover, cotton fitted sheet ~ and a bag of newborn essential items. The Baby Box Co. offers expectant parents the very best start for their babies, enabling them to reduce stress and feel confident that they are well prepared for this new and exciting chapter in their life. We hope that you love using your free Baby Box as much as they loved creating it!
We are so thrilled to facilitate Baby Box Community Events in British Columbia, Alberta & Saskatchewan!
To reserve your Baby Box please click on a City nearest you ...
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does the calendar not show any dates options?
- This means that we are finalizing the details of our next Community Event in this particular City. We will have future dates posted as soon as possible. You can check back at a later date, choose another City, or follow us on Facebook HERE to stay informed of all upcoming events.
Why does the calendar only show one time option?
- The time option is always the start time of the event. You can come at anytime during the event. The event hours are shown in the event description window. For example, the delivery window notification looks like this "*PICK UP IS ANYTIME BETWEEN 1pm-4pm*".
How long do I have to stay at the event for?
- You are not required to stay at the event for any duration. Simply come and pick up your box during the specified pick up window and leave with your Baby Box.
Can I come at a time/date that is different from what the calendar options are?
Our Community Events are scheduled on a specific date with a specific pick up window as the space is donated to us. Therefore, we are unable to accommodate alternate pick up days or times.
Is a screen shot of my Baby Box University Completion Certificate acceptable?
If I cannot make it to the event, can I send someone on my behalf to pick up my Baby Box?
- Absolutely! You will need to give the person claiming your Baby Box a copy of your Baby Box University Completion Certificate. A screenshot or hardcopy are both acceptable.
How do I obtain my Baby Box University Completion Certificate?
- You will be emailed detailed instructions on how to complete this portion as soon as you have reserved your Baby Box.
Do I have to have my Baby Box University Completion Certificate?
- Yes! You will not be given a Baby Box if you do not have this.
What is included in the Baby Box?
- Every Baby Box includes a firm mattress, waterproof cover, cotton fitted sheet and a zippered bag that contains a few items for your newborn. Items contained within the zippered bag will vary depending on the current inventory available at The Baby Box Co. distribution centre. We do not control, nor have any influence on what is included. We simply distribute the Baby Boxes that are given to us to local expectant and new parents. If you have a concern regarding the content or Baby Box itself, please share that directly with The Baby Box Co. by clicking HERE
Why do the Baby Boxes no longer come with lids?
"The Baby Box Co. is no longer producing the lids for the community boxes as feedback has been that the lids are not used by the majority of our families. This new approach cuts down the costs of the box manufacturing which enables us to produce more boxes and serve even more families. We offer lids for purchase through our e-commerce site for parents who do wish to ultimately use their Baby Box for keepsake storage https://www.babyboxco.com/collections/accessories/products/baby-box-lid "